On university-owned computers, the Raven Wireless network is sent out with a policy. Since a personal computer is not connected to the Anderson University domain (which allows a policy to be pushed), special steps are required to connect.
Note: if you are connecting a media or IoT device (Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, etc.) you will most likely need to use the Raven Media Network. Raven Wireless uses enterprise level security and most personal-type devices do not support this.
1. From the desktop, right-click the wireless icon >> Open Network and Sharing Center.
On previous versions of Windows 10, it may say Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center, choose Setup a new connection or network.
3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network, then Next.
4. After entering the following information, click Next.
Network name: Raven Wireless
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES (this is default)
Security Key: stays blank
☑ Start this connection automatically
☐ Connect even if the network is not broadcasting
5. Click Change connection Settings
6. Check/uncheck the following, then click the Security tab:
☑ Connect automatically when this network is in range
☐ Look for other wireless networks while connected to this network
☐ Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)
7. Choose a network authentication method: should be Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP), then choose Settings.
8. Uncheck Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate, then choose Configure.
9. Uncheck the box Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click OK.
10. Choose OK to exit the Protected EAP Properties box.
11. Click the Advanced Settings button under Security tab.
12. Check the box Specify authentication mode and choose User authentication. Choose OKto close the window.
13. Left-click on the wireless symbol in your taskbar (lower right-hand corner) to bring up available wireless networks. Raven Wireless should say Action Needed. Select Connect.
14. Enter your AU username and password. This is the same as your MyAU info.
15. You will be connected to the Raven Wireless network with a Connected, secured message.