To connect to the VPN from off campus.
- The first time you connect with a computer, navigate to https://vpn.anderson.edu. This has to be done from off campus. You will receive an error if you access the site from on campus.
- You should get the following log in box. Use your AU Network credentials to log in.
- This will take you to the download screen. Download the appropriate installer for your OS. You will only have to download and install this program one time per computer.
- Once the installer finishes downloading, run it and use the defaults for the installation.
- After you are done installing you will now have a new program on your computer, in your start menu, in the Palo Alto folder called "GlobalProtect". Start this program. After you install the program on your computer, you can skip steps 1 through 4 in the future and connect to the vpn by opening the GlobalProtect program.
- In the "Portal" field, enter vpn.anderson.edu. Use your AU network username and password to log in. The "Status" should change to "Connected". You can now use your computer as if you were on campus. Note: some versions of the GlobalProtect program ask just for the portal on the main screen and then pop up a message asking for your network credentials.
All Faculty and Staff should have access to the VPN, so if you find that your network credentials do not work to log in, you will need to contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org to help diagnose the problem.