Option 1: Protect your computer using a screen saver password:
- Open Display in the Control Panel (click Start, Control Panel, then Display).
- On the Screen Saver tab (under Screen Saver), click the screen saver you prefer.
- Select the On Resume, Password Protect check box.
- Selecting the On Resume, password protect check box will lock your computer when the screen saver is activated. When you begin working again you will be prompted to type your password to unlock it. Your screen saver password is the same as your logon password. If you do not use a password to log on, you cannot set a screen saver password.
Option 2: You can lock your workstation:
- Open Power Options in the Control Panel (click Start, Control Panel, then Power Options).
- On the Power Schemes tab under Systems Standby, choose a time for your system to go into standby mode.
- On the Advanced tab under Options, put a checkmark next to "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby."
- You are now set for locking and unlocking your workstation.
Option 3: Locking your workstation
- CONTROL + ALT + DELETE choose Lock this computer