Courses are added to Canvas once an instructor makes a request in AccessAU. Instructors must be listed in AccessAU as the instructor of record to be able to complete this process. If you are not listed as the instructor, your department admin or chair will need to contact the registrar's office to get you added. (Adjuncts, this process cannot be done until you have a signed contract.)
Steps for Adding Courses to Canvas:
- Log in to AccessAU Academics.
- Navigate to Self-Service > Faculty Center > My Schedule.
- Make sure the correct term is selected at the top of the page. Click the "change term" button to select a different term.
- To add all of your listed courses to Canvas, click the "Add All to Canvas" button near the top.
- To add individual courses, click the "Add to Canvas" button next to each course.
Courses are added to Canvas on the even hours. If you do not see your course in Canvas, it may be hidden from the dashboard. Go to the "Courses" menu in Canvas and click "All Course" to find the course. Click the star next to the course for it to appear on the Dashboard. If the course does not appear on the list of All Courses, contact ITS for assistance.