Instructors may want to cross-list courses in Canvas when they teach multiple sections of the same course and they want to only post content in one course. This also applies when courses have different course captions for the same course. Cross-listing a course does the following in Canvas:
- All the content that you post will be seen by all the sections/courses that are cross-listed into the course.
- Each section can have their own due dates for assignments, quizzes, and discussions.
- The grade book can be sorted by section or you can view all the students at once.
- The people page will list which section each student is in.
- Announcements will go to all the sections. To send a message to an individual section, you will need to go to Inbox and select the section as the recipients for your message.