Like all machines and devices in our lives, computers need regular maintenance to maintain healthy working order.
WINDOWS: they should have an up to date antivirus and the latest windows updates from Microsoft.
MAC: Safeguards are typically included with OSX (the operating system), but we recommend Sophos for free business grade security on your computer.
These basic steps are essential care, but even with safeguards, users are susceptible to malware and virus attacks.
If your machine is infected, below are basic steps to restore it to working condition:
Here are the steps we've found most useful for resolving virus related issues:
- Run AdwCleaner
- Run a combination of other anti-malware tools. The ones listed here are free.
- Revo Uninstaller can help you clean up remaining problems or software you don't need.
- Check browser extensions. Remove any extensions that you do not recognize as something you added.
1. Use the upper right three dots and select Settings
2. Navigate and select Extensions
- Restart and test your computer.