We recommend a Windows computer for most students, but it is a personal choice between Windows and Apple. Both will work on the network. Those studying in Graphics Design and other media-related coursework may prefer a MacBook (laptop).
For Windows computers, we have partnered with Dell to offer computer systems at a discount to AU students. Visit http://dell.com/anderson for recommended Dell systems. You may want to consider adding Microsoft Office to your laptop purchase if it is an option.
If you wish to bring or purchase a system other than Dell; below is our basic recommended computer specifications:
· Intel or AMD processors
· 8 GB RAM (4 GB minimum)
· Minimum 256 GB hard drive
· 512 MB or more dedicated video RAM
· Ethernet network port (support for a wired connection)
· Windows 10 is our preferred operating system
· We are not able to provide support for Linux desktop
· Windows Vista, XP, ME, NT, Windows 98 are not allowed on the AU network
Additional items to consider:
· Cloud storage is recommended for periodic backups
· USB Flash Drive for saving class items
· Printer with USB cable (wireless printer not allowed)
· Microsoft Office 2016 may be purchased through https://products.office.com/en-us/university. You will need to verify your University email address before the purchase can be made. You may want to consider adding this software to your laptop purchase via Dell/HP computer order.
· Discounted software, other than Microsoft Office, is available at http://anderson.onthehub.com.